The potential penalties for a first offense OUI or DUI in Massachusetts
- Up to 2 1/2 years House of Correction, possible fine
- License suspended for 1 year; work/education hardship considered in 3 months; general hardship in 6 months
A Judge may consider “24D” Disposition for first offense
- Receive a Continuance without a Finding, where you waive your right to a trial and admit to the charge but the case is continued without a finding for a period of probation rather than being found guilty.
- Possible fine.
- A 16 week drug alcohol education program
- License suspended for 45 to 90 days
- You are eligible for a hardship license within a short time after resolution.
Operating Under The Influence of Intoxicating Liquor – Instruction 5.310 – Issue January 2013
Speak with an experienced Boston criminal lawyer now to get free advice, it is important to know where you stand while the case is pending. Just being charged and/or refusing the breathalyzer carry a license suspension which you need to be aware of.